Saving Lives Together

Guide to driving in WA

Chinese (Traditional)EnglishFrenchGermanHindiItalianJapaneseKoreanMalayPortugueseRussianSpanishVietnameseNepali

km/h speed zone where most fatalities occur in WA


trucks are common in outback WA


of water minimum, per person per day when on outback trips.

Previous Next

Driver's licence

 You must carry your current overseas licence and a translation, or an International Drivers’ Permit (IDP) with you while driving.

If your foreign licence does not have a photo ID, you should get an IDP before travelling to Australia if you intend to rent a car.